It’s begun! She is alive! I was able to gather up enough materials to start my china teacup candles. I was only able to make one but it wasn’t too bad! I’ve posted an ad online seeing if anyone has any extra wax laying around from old candles that I can repurpose. I’ve had two responses so far! I can save a bit of money when it comes to the pre-production process we will call it.
The process itself is very easy and it doesn’t take very long at all. I will make a tutorial about it and post that soon. If you would also like to know how to make teacup candles you can very easily jump onto Pinterest and find about oh, I’d say a million tutorials! The only thing that I needed to purchase was the candle wicks. The only place I could find them was at Michaels craft store. That place is so expensive! I think I am going to look online and see where I can find some candle making essentials. We could get really fancy here with this project! I’m so excited!
I only had one problem which I am going to research and see how I can fix it. I had checked on my candle after about an hour and everything looked really great! I cut the candle wick because it was a tad bit longer than necessary. When I looked at it again this morning it had sunk in the middle. I am thinking that I cut the wick too early and the wax was still too soft so it sunk. WAH! It’s all a part of the process! See I made a mistake and now I know what not to do!
“Do the best you can until you know better; than when you know better do better.” Maya Angelou
There we have it. A step in the right direction. I am going to continue making these teacup candles until I have some good quality candles. Next will be the photoshoot! My favorite part!